The QuinLED-Dig-Quad is a Digital LED controller that builds upon the features of the smaller QuinLED-Dig-Uno and has specific features to do larger scale projects while staying compact and offering much of the same features. These features include using an ESP32, screw input and output terminals, high board power handling, onboard fuses, reverse polarity protection circuit and level-shifters it gives you 4 (max 5*) level-shifted outputs for your LED strips and 7 positive and negative terminals run over 5 fuses for easy power distribution and protection to do your power injection runs! Perfect to run a larger number of digital LEDs as easy as possible! It’s also fully compatible with the QuinLED-ESP32 which can be purchased with a board antenna, external or wired Ethernet option!
The board is perfect for driving 4 (5*) ws2812b “neopixel”, ws2811, sk6812, TM1814 or other type of 5v, 12v or 24v addressable LED strip!
*The pre-assembled has an extra level-shifter output Q1R, this is normally meant to drive a Relay Trigger but if not used for that it can be used as a 5th LED channel
Board Article Index
Of the QuinLED-Dig-Quad there is a DIY version (you buy the components and build it yourself) and a Pre-Assembled version. Each differ slightly in function so below sections will be divided. Some articles might seem double or the same because of it!
- QuinLED-Dig-Quad pre-assembled specifications (4 channel digital LED controller with easy power injection and protection)
- QuinLED-Dig-Quad DIY specifications (4 channel digital LED controller with easy power injection and protection)
- QuinLED-Dig-Quad Pinout guide
- Alpha Multi-Channel Output WLED build (Old, not needed anymore since WLED 0.12!)
- QuinLED-Dig-Quad Wiring guide
- Dig-Quad relay guide
- QuinLED-Dig-Quad Board Dimensions
- What diameter cable do you need | What fork terminals will fit the Dig-Quad
- For v1 – Adding 24v Compatability (old, not needed for current DIY v3!)
DIY and Pre-Assembled versions
There are 2 versions of the QuinLED-Dig-Quad, the DIY version you can build yourself and the pre-assembled version you get fully ready to go including pre-flashed with the newest available version of WLED! That way you can just screw in the cables and get started, no soldering required!
The Pre-Assembled version also adds a few features above the DIY version such as an individual level-shifter per output channel and the custom DC-DC circuit which accepts 5v-24v in for both main power and 5vEXT power allowing for even easier configuration vs the DIY version.